Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Winter of Reflection

In three weeks I bummed around, was a tourist guide, was a parent to my parent, saw close to 30 movies, got my first-ever speeding ticket, saw the Amish, paid back a friend, and befriended a friendly cow.

I have learnt:
+ that I throw like a girl (I am big enough to admit this, Dian)
+ that listening to my favorite tunes makes me speed (Carry On My Wayward Son by Kansas; the fine was $167.50)
+ that I apparently like cleaning and am quite okay with the idea of a surarumah
+ that cows are cute (or atleast they can be)
+ that US highways are quite confusing (an Interstate route can be a highway, yet a highway isn't necessarily an Interstate?)
+ that speeding tickets can be a bitch (I could've gotten a lovely camel coat from Banana Republic with that money)
+ that I love Pittsburgh despite all its shortcomings
+ that I don't quite like weed
+ that stand up comedy can be quite funny

2008-2009 Holiday Merayap List:
+ Niagara Falls, NY
+ Pocono Mountains & Milford, PA
+ Strasburg and Lancaster, PA
+ Ann Arbor, MI

2008-2009 Holiday Playlist:
+ Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
+ Australia
+ The Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
+ Happy Gilmore
+ Saving Silverman
+ Back to the Future 2
+ Back to the Future 3
+ Shrek
+ The Piano
+ I Love You, I Love You Not
+ Tropic Thunder
+ Batman
+ Something's Gotta Give
+ As Good As It Gets
+ Mamma Mia
+ The Prestige
+ Moulin Rouge!
+ The Family Stone
+ Family Guy Presents Blue Harvest
+ Before Sunrise
+ Frost/Nixon
+ The Shining
+ Doubt
+ One Fine Day
+ Before Sunset
+ Prelude to a Kiss
+ The Green Mile
+ Vicky Cristina Barcelona
+ Yes Man
+ The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

2008-2009 Holiday Book List:
+ A Brief History of Time - Stephen Hawking
+ Angels & Demons - Dan Brown (pointless to read if you haven't read the previous book)
+ The Gathering - Anne Enright

2008-2009 Holiday Bakar Duit List:
+ $360 Phenom X3 PC
+ $4 shirts at Banana Republic
(Both so cheap, in the wise words of Mama: berdosa kalau tak beli)


As interesting as it all may have been, it would've been pointless without the people I shared it with. Remember that, and don't ever forget =)

2 comments:

njahmat said...

Awwww. the people you shared it with? yes, i have a txt msg from u about the experiment, kimbu. be kind to me.

Shazwan Azizan said...

Nj, I don't tell people things I think they can use against me.