Monday, February 25, 2008

Chicago

I was only there two half days and one full day and I must say I'm impressed. Some may attest to that due to the fact that we were stranded for an hour in windy -10°C conditions waiting for a bus and it was 2:30A.M.

O'Hare airport is ridiculously far away but is somehow still connected to the subway system. Thta's probably the longest subway ride I ever had. 21 stops to the Loop. Yet it's an old city and so not many of the major hubs are connected. Union Station, for example, isn't. You have to take a bus. And I hate buses. And there are three freaking buildings with "Union Station" written on it. The station itself which houses the Amtrak. The old station whcih houses the Metra. And the parking lot (which I circled finding a way in but was confused since only cars could go in).

The public transportation system is a bitch only because of the ticketing and the 'no change given' policy of the machines. Minneapolis is king when it comes to that. And New York. But in Minneapolis, you could pay by card, thus cancelling out the need to have singles.

The Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory is to die for. If I had five minutes in Chicago, I'd tell everyone I know in the city to meet me there and order that.

The metallic bean is pretty yet pretty ugly.

It's not as windy as it's nickname suggests. And that could be overrated.

The University of Chicago is pretty, and small, and kinda nice. But they rejected me so I'll still be bitter as hell towards them.

The signage is shitty. Attractions and hubs should have better signages.

The streets are wide. And I like that. It feels airy and roomy. Unlike Shittsburgh and Manhattan.

Other than that, sama je dengan bandar lain.

No comments: