Sunday, December 5, 2010

Quotes of the Semester

"I added 10 points to your exam scores just to make you guys a little bit happier. In the end I will obviously curve your grades based on how you do in the course. But I guess it's a psychological thing knowing you did 'better'. 10 points for everyone--it won't mess up the distribution anyway."
-- Yaroslav Kryukov, Ph.D


A: You COPIED and PASTED everything she wrote?
B: Yes. Yes, I did. I mean, I'll PARAPHRASE.
A: But you just said everything she wrote was RETARDED.
B: Well I never did say I wasn't retarded, did I?

"Go home and watch 'Dazed and Confused' and the original 'Tron'. I am NOT above putting a bonus question referencing 80s movies in my exams."
-- Rebecca Nugent, Ph.D

"How many of you are going part time next semester? Let me rephrase that: How many of you are going part time next semester just to save 25 grand? You're all losers."
-- Carol Goldburg, Ph.D

"Sometimes... it's safer to be racist."
-- You Know Who You Are

"It's...it's blowing my-- It's blowing my mind. My mind is literally blown. You don't have surnames? Get outta here! My mind is literally blown right now. It, it, it's just, whoa..."
-- Rebecca Hirsch

"Hey! That looks like something you already have!"
-- Safiyyah Mohsin (cis)

"This line of shoes from Rockport are microwave-friendly. That's mean you can put them in a microwave and you don't have to cuci pakai tangan."
-- Yours Truly

"He was talking about his data set, 'coz that's what statisticians do on dates--we talk about our data. He said about 1/3 of it was bad data or stuff that had missingness, and he got rid of them--almost 100 observations from his sample of around 300. Whoa, there. I could stand a really dry first date, but deleting bad observations? Ohhhh, no no no, this definitely won't work out."
-- Rebecca Nugent, Ph.D on a first date with a fellow grad student

"Since we didn't cover that much material since the last exam, this one will be, how you say, more creative. What's a creative exam question? NOW YOU GONNA FIND OUT."
-- Irina Gheorghiciuc, Ph.D

"Go to Belgaufre, on Rue Neuve. Theirs are the best. Oh my god, I love waffles. I'm so hungry, we should stop talking waffles right now. I want a waffle so bad!"
-- Annelies Deuss, Ph.D in no way hiding her Belgianness

No comments: